A rich and healthy way to enjoy breakfast, or perfect as a picnic snack
Imagine flapjacks but with added summer fruits….
120g sugar or demerara
100g golden syrup
400g of your favourite breakfast crunch muesli
zest of ½ a lemon
1) Grease and line a 20cm pie dish with baking parchment
2) In a pan, melt the butter, add the syrup, sugar and salt and combine until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Mix the lemon zest through the muesli, and stir in half a cup of boiling water. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
4) Combine the wet muesli with the flour and then mix in all the sugary buttery mixture.
5) Take approximately one third of the mixture and press into the bottom of your pie dish. add a third of your berries randomly.
6) Repeat this process one more time and then top with the final layer of muesli.
7) Arrange your final handful of berries on top of the cake before baking in the oven at 170°C/Gas Mark 4 for 35-40 minutes.