Roast Pork Belly and Blueberry Sauce
- For the roast pork
- 2kg joint of pork belly on the bone is best
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic halved
- 2 springs of thyme
- 5 bay leaves
- For the blue berry sauce
- 2 punnets of blueberry’s
- 1 shallot diced or sliced
- Half clove of garlic sliced
- Note: pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Place the chopped onions, garlic, thyme and bay leaves in a roasting tray with a cup of water
- Season the pork belly with salt and pepper and rub oil all over the skin then sit on top of the veg in the tray and put in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees
- Then lower the over temperature to 160 and continue to roast for 2 hours
- Turn the temperature up to 220 degrees for 30 minutes, this will finish off the crackling.
- While the belly is roasting get started on the blueberry sauce
- Start by sweating down the shallots and garlic in a saucepan in a small knob of butter, this will take about 7-10minutes
- Add 1 punnet of blueberry’s with a dash of water and cover, stirring occasionally until they have broken down, then add the other punnet of berries, cover and take off the heat.
- Serve the pork belly with roasted potatoes and the finished blueberry sauce.