These dipped strawberries are as beautiful as they are indulgent. We’ve made two kinds here, but you can create your own too.
- Sit a bowl with pieces of good quality 70% chocolate over a pot of barely simmering water.
- After a few minutes, the chocolate will have melted.
- Be patient and resist the urge to stir….chocolate doesn’t like being stirred!
- Insert your skewers into the strawberries to hold them, and dip into the melted chocolate. It’s nice to only half-coat the fruit, as this shows off the beautiful fruity flesh.
- Sit on a sheet of cling wrap and drop shavings of milk chocolate over for a beautiful contrast in both flavour and appearance.
- Once set, they’ll come clean off the cling wrap and you can serve them on a nice chopping board or platter.
Salted Caramel Strawberries:
- This is the easiest thing…simply buy your favourite soft chewy fudge caramel, and melt in a bowl in the microwave.
- Dip the strawberries as per the directions above, and set on cling film to commence cooling.
- After 2-3 minutes, the caramel fudge should be tacky, and this is the perfect time to roll in some broken salted peanuts.