We are thrilled to have teamed up with the amazing William Hanson Etiquette to show the nation the socially acceptable way to enjoy strawberries this summer. Here are some of his do’s and don’ts of eating the nation’s favourite berry.
- Do use a regular fork in formal or semi-formal settings.
- Do use a spoon for accompaniments such as cream.
- Formally, if strawberries are served with their stems attached, do eat them with a knife and fork.
- Informally, when eating large and juicy strawberries do grasp them by the stem, dip them in accompaniments such as cream or chocolate, and enjoy.
- Do put all discarded stems on the discard section of the plate – the top left-hand side.
- Do eat strawberries when in season.
- Don’t feed a strawberry to another adult when dining in a formal setting.
- Don’t pre-pour accompaniments such as cream over the strawberries – allow each guest to add as much or as little as they like.
- Don’t remove a strawberry seed from your teeth with your finger. You should always use a toothpick, and excuse yourself from the table first.
Check out William’s IGTV on Strawberry etiquette by visiting the highlight stories on our Instagram page www.instagram.com/avaberries