Our delicious Blueberry & Oat Pancake recipe is vegan friendly and can also be gluten free when using gluten free oats.
- Serves 2
- 50g of blueberries
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g oats (use gluten free oats for gluten free recipe)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- honey or maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Grind the oats down to a flour in the food processor then tip into a bowl and mix with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Slice the blueberries in half.
- Place the banana, milk and vanilla extract in the food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until fully combined, then gently stir in the blueberries.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan. Spoon a few tablespoons of the batter into pools in the pan and for a few minutes, then flip over and cook for a further minute until cooked through. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve the pancake with a few tbsp. of drizzled honey or maple syrup plus leftover extra blueberries.