- 280g dark chocolate, roughly chopped, (70% cocoa solids)
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 50g butter
- 225ml double cream
- 500g strawberries
- 125ml water
- 75g sugar
- 1 tbsp frangelico
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Method for Ganache
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before beating in the rapeseed oil
- Heat butter and cream in a saucepan until boiling then remove from heat and leave to cool at room temperature.
- Whisk in Chocolate Mixture and pour into a jug
- Pour into glasses and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.
While the Ganache is setting, start to make the Frangelico Strawberries.
Method for Frangelico Strawberries
- Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla pod into the saucepan, and put what’s left of the pod in also.
- Boil gently until sugar is dissolved and reduced slightly.
- Transfer syrup to a bowl and add Frangelico.
- When cool add berries, stir them around so the strawberries are covered in the syrup, make sure the are left in the syrup so they can soak up all the flavour.
Take bowls of ganache out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving, then when ready to serve spoon a few of the Frangelico strawberries on the set ganache and garnish with crushed hazelnuts.