Truffles needn’t be only made with chocolate, these creamy tasting truffles speckled with a fresh fruity raspberry burst are great served straight from the fridge. Rich in calcium to aid bone strength and density they are also a good source of protein and they are low in sugar.
- Makes 16
- Prep 15 minutes
- Chill 1 hour
- 150g/5oz rindless French soft goats’ cheese
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 75g/3oz raspberries
- 25g/1oz pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Add the goats cheese, honey, vanilla and salt to a bowl and fork together until just mixed. Add the raspberries break up with the fork and lightly mix into the goats cheese mix.
- Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture on to a small baking sheet to make about 16 rough shaped mounds.
- Spoon the chopped pistachio nuts on to a saucer and the cocoa on to a second saucer. Roll half the truffles in to the pistachio nuts, one at a time until evenly coated then add to petites four cases.
- Roll the remaining truffles in the cacao, add to petites four cases then chill for at least 1 hour until firm. Pack into an airtight box, store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
Serve these tasty snacks with coffee or as a healthy snack.