Grab your AVA Berries in-store now and try this one out! See the ingredients and method below to create this mouth-watering recipe.
- Turn on your grill. Pop your spring onions on a baking tray and place them under the grill to lightly charr for 3-4 minutes. Once cooled cut them into 2cm pieces.
- In a bowl mix your AVA strawberries with lemon juice, spring onions and crushed pepper. Season with salt and let the bowl stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Toast your bread and let’s build this lunch! First top each piece with half a ball of burrata, then spoon over the strawberry salad. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, season with black pepper and top with torn fresh basil leaves.
- 2 Spring Onions
- 400g AVA Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Ball of Burrata
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- A Few Grinds of Black or Pink Peppercorns
- 2 Slices of Bread (Ailidh used sourdough but choose whatever you’d like)
- Balsamic Glaze/ Reduction for drizzling
- Fresh Basil Leaves for garnishing
- Sea Salt