The strawberries take on a great colour and increased flavour mixed with a little lemon juice. Use them to top this beautifully soft and yet really chocolatey vegan mousse for a special dessert.
- Serves 4-6 (see tip)
- Prep time 15 minutes plus chilling
- 100g dark chocolate (vegan), roughly chopped
- 400g can chick peas
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar plus 1 tsp
- 250g strawberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
6 mint leaves plus extra
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas over a large bowl – it’s the water (aquafaba) you want; use the chickpeas for another recipes. Use an electric whish to whisk the aquafaba until thick and holding its shape, whisk in the vinegar and continue whisking for a minute whilst the volume increases. Gradually whisk in the 2 tbsp icing sugar and continue whisking for another minute. Gently fold through the chocolate and mint until well combined and smooth. Spoon into 4-6 serving dishes. Chill for an hour or so until just set.
- Hull and roughly chop the strawberries, mix with the lemon juice and a tsp of icing and set aside until needed. To serve spoon the strawberries on top of the mousse.
This recipe serves 4 generously, but is quite rich so a small portion would serve 6 adequately.