For 1 cocktail you’ll need:
- 30ml strawberry syrup – I made mine with 400g AVA strawberries, 1/2 a lemon, 50g sugar
- 4 fresh AVA strawberries (mine are grown in Fife 🏴)
- 4 fresh mint sprigs and an extra bit for decoration
- 1 lime
- 30ml white rum (I used Bacardi)
- A glue of soda water
- Lots of ice and ideally an icecrusher
- First make your syrup. In a saucepan combine chopped strawberries, sugar and the juice of half a lemon. Turn on the heat and bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Sieve the strawberries to get your syrup and let it cool immediately. ⚠️ save the Ava strawberry compote that’s left behind, it’ll be used in my next strawberry recipe!
- Once your syrup is cool, let’s make a mojito 🍹
- Take your mint, put it on your palm and give it a big CLAP 👏
- In a tall glass muddle the syrup, 3 of your Ava strawberries and mint together with a spoon or with a cocktail muddler if you have one.
- Stir in the juice of the lime and the rum then fill the glass to the brim with crushed ice. Top it up with soda water and then add the fourth strawberry and your remaining mint to the rim for decoration.
- Pop in a thick straw (mine’s a Stroodle pasta straw, kinda cool) and enjoy!! You can make more by just multiplying the recipe, remembering to drink responsibly of course.
- Find AVA Berries in Aldi’s Specially Selected, Morrison’s The Best, Co-op’s Irresistible, and Sainsburys’ Taste The Difference ranges.
Have the best weekend and stay tuned for a scrumptious AVA strawberry dessert recipe coming at ya next week! 💛 #plateexpectations #AVABerries #TasteTheBerryBest