Fresh and tangy! The basil in the salsa really accentuates the flavour of the strawberries.
Makes 16. Prep time 15 minutes.
- 150g strawberries, hulled
- 75g cucumber
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ready-made cocktail blinis
- 75g soft cheese
- To make the salsa: dice the strawberries and place in a mixing bowl. Halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the seeds down the middle, then finely dice and mix with the strawberries.
- Take 4 large basil leaves, roughly shred and place in a small bowl with the olive oil. Press the basil into the oil with the back of a spoon to release the flavour. Stir in a little salt and pepper then combine with the strawberries. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to mix.
- Warm the blinis according to the pack instructions and cool slightly. Spread with the soft cheese, add a basil leaf and top with the salsa, then serve immediately.
To get ahead, make the strawberry salsa mix up to 2 hours before serving, cover and chill.