Macerating the strawberries in lime juice heightens their flavour and combined with a little fresh chilli they create a delicious fresh salsa on top of your tacos.
Serves 4 Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 2-3 minutes
- 8 taco shells
- 300g fresh crab meat (see tip)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 little gem hearts or other firm lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- handful torn coriander
- 150g soured cream (optional)
- for the strawberries;
- 200g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- To macerate the strawberries; combine the fruit with the lime juice and chilli and set aside for 10 minutes.
- To make the tacos, warm in the oven for a few minutes following the pack instructions. Combine the crab with the lime zest and some salt and pepper. Fill the shells with lettuce and avocado, top with the crab, strawberries, a scattering of coriander and some soured cream if using. Serve immediately!
For a veggie version combine a 400g can drained chickpeas with the zest of 1 lime. Roughly mash the avocado and mix with the chickpeas and some seasoning. Use in place of the crab.
Fresh crab can be expensive, try using a mixture of brown and white to reduce the cost and increase the flavour or you can use canned.