This decadent dessert, created by Chef Paul Tamburinni, features compressed AVA Magnum® strawberries, complemented by a delicate fermented sauce and milk sorbet.
- 800g white chocolate (melt gently)
- 480g milk
- 6 vanilla pods (infuse milk with vanilla pods)
- 640g crème fraiche
- 640g cream
- 7 gelatine leaves
- ½ lemon (juice)
- Infuse milk with vanilla pods. Once infused, re-boil the milk, add bloomed gelatine and pour over chocolate.
- Cool down to room temperature, add crème fraiche, whisk until smooth, set.
- Once set, put into kitchen aid & beat lightly with paddle.
- Semi whip cream and fold together and add lemon juice. Put into pipping bags (not too full).
Preparing the puff pastry (1 block)
- Cut the block in half and sheet block to 3mm and chill for 2 hours.
- Cut into rectangles 90mm x 50mm.
- Bake in between two baking trays at 180c for 20 min, then drop oven temperature to 160c and remove the top baking tray for 20-25 minutes.
- Check by cutting a piece in half lengthways, should be a light caramel colour, not white.
Making the milk sorbet (x3)
- 1l milk
- 150g sugar
- 75g glucose
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 75g milk powder
- Add mixture into a Thermomix or ice cream stabiliser, and bring to the boil at 98 degrees for 8-10 minutes
Making the strawberry sorbet (x4)
- 450g strawberry puree
- 10g lime juice
- 100g water
- 80g sugar
- Add mixture into a Thermomix or ice cream stabiliser, and bring to the boil at 98 degrees for 8-10 minutes,